|Name meaning||Swahili for "Rare"|
|Alias||"Witch", "Stem-chewer" (by Giza)|
|Species||Thomson's gazelle (Eduorcas thomsonii)|
|Age|| six years (as of page 17) |
eight years (as of page 33)
eleven years (page 34 on)
|Current residence||Lerai Forest, Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania|
|First appearance||Page 5|
|Allies|| Africa (formerly),|
her herd, Abasi, Kafil, Hazina, the zebras
|Relatives||Paa (son), Pembe (mate)|
PersonalityEditCalm, patient and wise, Nadira is rarely seen angry or frowning. She is devoted to her herd and would do anything to protect them, especially her son, Paa. However, she is also driven by an unusual curiosity, that could often get her into trouble. Fiercely interested in everything that surrounds her, Nadira quickly makes friends with many other species of animals, including predators, like leoopards. The knowledge of her philosophy gives her confidence, but like all gazelles, she is easily startled by sudden noises or movements.
Before the event of the comicsEdit
As of Chapter One Edit
- "Trees bloom, green grass turns yellow, and day gives in to night. Everything changes."
- —Nadira[page 10]
- "My eyesight might have grown poor, but I can still smell and hear you just fine, little one."
- —Nadira to Africa[page 21]
- "Don't be hasty, honey. Remember, good things come for those who wait."
- —Nadira to Paa, about finding a mate[page 34]
- During comic development, Nadira's name was changed multiple times. Her initial name was Kasi, later changed to Hawla, then Hima, then, finally, Nadira.
|Leopards||Africa • Giza • Chui • Sahara • Mosi• Binti• Botswana • Kalahari • Kenya • Namibia • Okavango|
|Gazelles||Nadira • Paa • Pembe|
|Zebras||Abasi • Kafil • Hazina|
|Fan characters||Tumaini • Tofauti • Jua • Simulizi • Zito • Hasira • Chuki • Kwanza|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.